During the pre-recreation activities and when the post-game festivities are just starting, nothing stirs up hobby like a very good sports activities trivialities question, and money exchanging fingers over who has the proper solution. Here are a few excellent trivia questions on the AP Top 25 Poll that featured the 2008 university soccer season. Https://IndoIssue.com
Besides myself, best a element man or woman and a facts fanatic who would painstakingly chart the complete 15-week season ought to figure out the proper answers to all of those questions.
A sports activities nut with an amazing reminiscence may want to pay for a number of pizza and beer with the correct solutions to the subsequent questions:
1) Among the 25 teams ranked within the 1st week of the AP Top 25 Poll, best 12 might be ranked in the Poll all 15 weeks. Their rank in the very last 15th week ballot precedes their call. Who are they? (Answer: #1 Florida, #2 Oklahoma, #three Texas, #four Alabama, #5 USC (Southern California), #6 Penn State, #7 Utah, #eight Texas Tech, #10 Ohio State, #sixteen Georgia, #17 BYU (Brigham Young) and #25 Missouri.)
2) Among the dozen groups that had been ranked every week, which group rose highest inside the Poll for the duration of the 15-week length? (Answer: Utah began at #22 and completed at #7.)
three) Which team fell the most in the course of the 15-week season? (Missouri started at #6 and fell to #25 and nearly out of the Poll.)
4) Because of parity among this 12 months’s 119 Division 1-A teams (additionally referred to as the FBS-Football Bowl Subdivison), how many groups made the Poll at some point of the season? (49 groups, or 41%, spent at least one week within the Poll).
5) Every season has some one-week wonders, a crew that eventually gets ranked in the AP Top 25 Poll and then is long past the very subsequent week, never to return in the course of the rest of the season. How many one-week wonders had been there inside the 2008 season? (Three-Connecticut, Miami (FL), and UCLA).
6) Many teams are overdue bloomers who make the Poll in some unspecified time in the future and then stay in the Top 25 for the relaxation of the season. How many teams had been past due bloomers in 2008?
(Seven-Ball State, Boise State, Cincinnati, Mississippi, Northwestern, Oklahoma State and Oregon State.)
7) Among the overdue bloomers, which of the 7 spent the most weeks within the Poll? (Boise State, 12 weeks.)
8) Every yr some teams have scrappers who come into the Poll, fall out of the Poll and then combat their way back in again. How many groups had scrappers in 2008? (14 groups-Boston College, California, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Michigan State, North Carolina, Oregon, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, TCU (Texas Christian), Tulsa, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.)
9) Among the groups that had scrappers, which group fought its manner back into the Poll the most times? (Oregon, 3 times.)
Copyright © 2009 Ed Bagley
Read my other targeted, informed, thrilling articles on college football, which include:
“Final BCS Standings Show Why It’s Better to Lose Early Than Late”
“2008 Independence Bowl – Louisiana Tech Tops Northern Illinois, Notches seventh Comeback Win of Season”
“2008 Champs Sports Bowl – Florida State Uses an MVP Punter & Heads Up Play to Rout Wisconsin, 42-thirteen”
“2008 Hawaii Bowl – Charlie Weis Era at Notre Dame Finally Arrives, Irish Speed Past Hawaii, 49-21”
“So Who Are the Current Worst Players in Division 1-A Football in the Nation?”